Monday, July 21, 2014

day 10

Day 10: I work out twice a week with a friend who is a dedicated meditator, or “ded med” as I call it. He suggested that we meditate together after our workouts. What a great idea! I can take in some of his energy and I’m certain that will help me in my practice. We finished our workout and sat down in his backyard, which is a very serene and lovely place. The perfect spot to meditate. He set his phone for 20 minutes and we began. It definitely felt different than when I practice on my own. A bit calmer. “I like this”, I thought. Not long after that feeling I started to notice another feeling, a longing perhaps, a deep and intense desire...to peek at him. I kept wondering if he was really meditating at all or if he was just watching me, amused. Was he making funny faces at me and laughing. Was he doing the meditator’s version of the photo bomb? Somehow I resisted and made it to the end. Aah. 20 minutes and I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment