Thursday, July 31, 2014

day 17

Day 17: Today I went back to Unplug. If you haven’t heard of it, check it out at www.unplugmeditation.com I always have a good experience there. The space is so serene and calm and the instructors are gentle as they guide the meditation. After a minor setback yesterday, it was nice to have a little help. They did a bodyscan meditation where you focus on your body starting at your toes and move all the way up to the crown of your head. It’s a wonderful exercise in keeping your attention and breathe on a very small part of yourself at a time. The instructor said something that really helped me today. She said your mind is like a waterfall, with the thoughts pouring down like water. Try to focus on the space behind the water. That little cavern that is calm and safe. This resonated with me today and I plan to use it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment