Saturday, July 12, 2014

day 3

Day 3: I seem to have trouble saying rum. Russell Simmons says to say it because it’s supposed to have no meaning, so you don’t attach thoughts to the phrase. But rum makes me think of some yummy frozen drink with an umbrella that is served in a tropical paradise. Then I start to think about my last vacation, or my next vacation, or some fabulous vacation that was posted on Facebook by someone who is a “friend” but who for the life of me I can’t remember. Om sa is another phrase they tell you to say. It has no meaning for me so that should be good right? Wrong. It has no meaning so then my mind really heats up and I go down every thought path you can imagine...and a few you can’t. Ok, new strategy. I’ve been telling myself that I am not alone, that I am supported by the universe in having everything I desire: health, happiness, peace, abundance and joy. So I decided to say “I am supported” for 20 minutes. That seemed to help a bit. I kept saying it. I am supported. I am supported. My mind still went wandering. A lot, in fact, but I kept dragging it back saying I am supported. I am supported damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment